"Hi everyone, my name is Mark Dimayacyac and I am the owner of a 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD. I had an opportunity to install a RAZIR LED Light Bar from HIDextra and this is my installation blog for everyone. Check out the video and instructions below. This was a straight forward install after you know where you want to place the bar. I kept it simple and had it behind the grill and on the factory front cross bar. You will need to make drill holes to tighten the light bar down. I do recommend buying the harness LED switch as it makes the installation a plug and play install. Let us know if you have any questions".
Before getting started, I would like to take this time to let everyone know there are other locations where you can place the light bar. You can place it above the windshield by the roofline but you will need custom brackets, I wanted to stay discreet so I placed it behind the front grill of the bumper. This will be a personal preference for everyone.
- ¾ Ratchet
- ¾ Small Extension
- 10mm Deep Socket
- 12mm Deep Socket
- Allen wrench (Provided w/Light bar)
- Step drill bit
- Tape measure
- Masking Tape
- Flat head
- Razor Blade
- Zip Ties
- Wire Cutter
The RAZIR LED Bar Kit comes with the following:
- 2 mounting brackets
- 2 small allen screws
- 2 crush washers
- 2 long allen screws
- 2 rubber mount protectors
- OPTIONAL: LED Control Switch
- Install mounting brackets on LED bar.
- Place the 2 crush washers into the 2 allen screws and tighten down the brackets onto the bar.
- Be sure to adjust the brackets to the angle you like (whether you want to point down/straight/up).
- Remove the upper grille by removing the 6 bolts at the top of the grille.
- To remove lower part of grille, hold and pull away (lift up) from lower headlight pieces.
- Then remove grille to expose your mounting point (Upper grille support).
- Using the tape measure extend it from end to end on the upper support.
- Place the LED bar on the upper support and find where you would want/prefer to mount/center your LED bar. (Try to push the bar as far back away from the grille).
- Now mark the holes where you choose to drill.
- Route your connector wire (Connector wire will be long enough to for a nice tucked route).
- Connect the plugs and route it to your liking.
- Disconnect the battery
- Connect the Positive from the LED Bar harness to the battery.
- Connect the Negative from the LED Bar harness to the battery.
- Mount the Relay onto the chassis.
- Run the rest of the wire along the fender and run it through the cabin harness gromme.
- The wire will come from under the dash towards the top
- Now connect the switch sub harness to the main LED Bar harness
- Mounting the switch is to your preference
- Remove OEM Switch plate/Drill a hole and notch.
- Place the Switch in and Test for power.
- Zip tie the harness in place/Hide excess in a concealed area for a cleaner look.
- Once the light is tested and all wires are tucked away. Put the grille back onto the car.
This installation took around 1 hour to do with the right tools. It can be done quicker if you plan out where you want the bar placed