Easy Guide and Video on Installing HIDextra Kit for a 2015 Subaru WRX
We have been working around the clock at HIDextra to provide customers with the best HID kits and lighting sources for their vehicles. We made some time recently with a customer and his 2015 Subaru WRX to do a basic installation video on how to install our HIDextra kit with 6000K H11 bulbs and 35w ballasts. We will continue to offer how-to videos, reviews, previews, and guides on all of our products.
Before starting the installation, you will need the following items. Without having these items, your install may take longer than it should. Let's get started!
- HIDextra's H11 HID Kit.
- Tool set to remove any bolts and screws as necessary.
Got it? Good! Watch the video!
Easy enough? If not, here is a recap of what Allan did step by step for the HIDextra installation on his car.
Instructions to install an HID Kit into a 2015 Subaru WRX
- Remove the car battery if required. You may get away without removing it as long as you can safely remove the stock low beam bulb from the headlight housing. Do the same to the other side and remove anything that is blocking a direct path for bulb replacements. Some vehicles will require you to remove the front bumper and headlights.
- Once you have the original stock bulbs removed, replace them with your HIDextra bulbs. Carefully place them in the housing and make sure they are seated correctly. There should be no wiggle room once they are clicked into place.
- Plug in the supplied wire into the HIDextra ballast and then plug the ballast into the bulb. This is a plug-and-play assembly, meaning you can only plug it in one way.
- Plug the ballast into the stock wiring of the headlight. Mount the ballasts securely to your car with the provided mounts or use zip-ties or automotive velcro to secure the ballasts.
- Test the bulb by switching on the headlights. If for any reason it does not turn on, there are several things to consider.
- Do you need a relay harness? Use the one provided in the box. You may need to draw more power from the car battery.
- Did you switch polarity?
- Are all the plugs tightly connected?
- Did you order the correct bulb size and ballasts?
- If the lights turn on without any issues, please secure all lose wires and bolts that you may have unbolted during the process.
Go to our FAQ here for additional information.